Electronic Products & Technology

HumanWare recognized by Quebec Technology Association

EP&T Magazine   

Electronics Engineering Medical medical medical Quebec Quebec tech technology

Global leader in tech-based solutions for the visually impaired named SME of the year

BrailleNote Touch combines hardware and software engineering – serving as an Android tablet with full-fledged Braille support, a skinned and simplified interface running custom-built accessible programs and full visual display.

The Quebec Technology Association (AQT) has announced that HumanWare was named SME of the year 2019, selected by more than 300 CEOs and sales and marketing managers from the tech industry. This prestigious distinction is awarded once a year to Quebec-based companies from the tech industry for their excellence in marketing and innovation.

“We would like to congratulate HumanWare. Receiving this award is a testament to the extraordinary contribution they have made to the industry as a whole,” says Nicole Martel, CEO of the Quebec Technology Association.

Leader in technology-based solutions

HumanWare is a global leader in technology-based solutions for the visually impaired, offering a wide range of innovative products including the BrailleNote Touch+, Brailliante braille display, the entire line of Victor Reader digital audiobook players, Connect 12 electronic magnifiers, Reveal 16 screens, and Explore ultra-compact electronic magnifiers. The BrailleNote Touch is an impressive feat of hardware and software engineering. It is an Android tablet with full-fledged Braille support, a skinned and simplified interface running custom-built accessible programs, full visual display, and the option, but not requirement, of using an external Braille keyboard.

Humanware team receives award from AQT representatives.

“Winning the Spotlight on SMEs Contest is a terrific recognition for HumanWare and our passionate team. We’ve been members of the AQT for more than 18 years, which has given me the chance to build strong relationships with numerous members who have taught me so much, inspired me, and driven me to excel. During these years, the AQT has been able to unite, support, and promote innovative IT SMEs in Quebec. We thank the AQT for their professionalism in representing our industry,” says Gilles Pepin, CEO of HumanWare.


Winner was selected based on the highest score

Participants of the recent Big Bang marketing meet up were asked to vote on the company of their choice from among the nine finalists at the Spotlight on SMEs Gala. The peer vote, which accounted for 20% of the overall score, was supervised by independent survey firm SOM, and added to both AQT’s figures (30%) and to the vote of an independent jury comprised of experienced business representatives (50%). The winner was selected based on the highest score.

The Spotlight on SMEs Contest is a compelling window into the diversity of Quebec’s technological solutions and expertise that brought together HumanWare and eight other finalists, including DEVICOM, Devolutions, Gestisoft, Irosoft, Mediaclip, Mingus Software, MXO – Agence Totale et ZEROSPAM.

“We’re proud to take part in the success of these companies whose high quality and cutting-edge solutions improve competitive positioning for all sectors in our economy, while generating wealth through major international business breakthroughs,” concludes Pepin.



Stories continue below

Print this page

Related Stories