The PIC24F04KA201 MCUs’ offers 20 nA sleep currents because of Deep Sleep mode. By isolating power to various circuits during sleep, Deep Sleep mode reduces power consumption to a minimum. Additionally, it gives designers the flexibility to customize their applications for the lowest power consumption through multiple internal wake-up sources, such as Brown-Out Resets, interrupts and Watch-dog Timers, all while maintaining the I/O states.
The PIC24F04KA201 MCU family has high C-code efficiency and computational horsepower, which makes it well suited for applications requiring advanced algorithms. Other key features include:
* Up to 16 MIPS operation using 32 MHz internal clock
* 4 Kbytes Flash, and 512 bytes SRAM
* 10-bit, up to 9 channel, 500 ksps Analog-to-Digital Converter
* mTouchâ„¢ Capacitive Touch Sensing Peripheral
* 2 Rail-to-Rail Comparators
* SPI, I2Câ„¢ and UART modules for serial communications
Example applications for the new PIC24F04KA microcontrollers include: Medical (portable and home medical devices, oxygen flow meters, lifestyle/fitness monitors); Industrial (energy harvesting/scavenging, water/gas/heat meters, portable gas sensors, remote sensor networks, asset tracking, sealed/harsh environment sensors); and Consumer (security-system dongles, sealed disposable electronics, portable electronics, smart cards).