GaN Basics and Applications
September 06, 2023
Webinar begins at at 10:00 am (CET)
Emerging power conversion applications demand more power in smaller form factors. In addition to the expanding needs of the server market, artificial intelligence and computing, automotive systems are introducing 48 V distribution systems to fulfil the requirements of the most power-hungry functions. In this webinar learn how GaN-based reference designs can help you meet the higher demands of today’s power converters across a myriad of applications, power levels and topologies.
In this webinar we will discuss:
- How GaN is providing superior performance
- The basic structure of EPC GaN FETs and ICs
- The key difference and advantages of GaN over MOSFETs
- Key layout and thermal design techniques to take full advantage of the speed of GaN.
- Applications for which GaN is best suited.
Tiziano Morganti is Senior Field Application Engineer for EMEA. Tiziano received his Ph.D., (2006) in Electronic Systems Design from Università degli Studi di Firenze.
With over 20 years in the power electronics industry, Tiziano has held roles as an Electronic Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering Team Leader, System Design Engineer, and GaN HEMT-based inverter concept and design leader of a 2kW inverter submitted to the Google Little Box Challenge competition.
Print this page