High performance VSG serves wideband multichannel mmWave applications
Stephen LawElectronics Test & Measurement generator measurement signal test vector
KEYSIGHT TECHNOLOGIES M9484C VXG four-channel vector signal generator provides frequency up to 54GHz and up to 5GHz of radio frequency (RF) bandwidth and low phase noise in a single instrument. Unit delivers real-time capabilities to support demanding wireless industry applications. Along with firm’s V3080A vector signal generator frequency extender, the product expands the frequency range up to 110GHz to address the needs for the latest and evolving standards. Unit enables customers to reduce test system setup complexity and achieve accurate and repeatable multi-channel measurements in a single instrument. Key customer benefits include: scalable architecture that enables the most demanding wideband and multichannel test signals with frequencies up to 110 GHz. Generates test signals with a radio frequency (RF) bandwidth up to 5 GHz. Covers frequency ranges from 9 kHz to 54 GHz and up to 110 GHz with a V3080A vector signal generator frequency extender. Enables multi-antenna test applications such as MIMO and beamforming with precise phase coherence and timing synchronization.
A fully integrated, calibrated and synchronized signal generator that delivers low phase noise and minimizes measurement uncertainty.
- Overcomes the excessive path loss experienced at mmW frequencies with low error vector magnitude (EVM) and distortion at high output power.
- Delivers advanced RF performance with direct digital synthesis (DDS) technology for accurately characterizing device under tests (DUTs).
- Enables precise multi-channel / multi-instrument synchronization and triggering test applications.
Real-time signal processing and comprehensive signal creation that enables complex test scenarios and simplifies test complexity for receiver and performance tests.
- Supports MIMO real-time fading for all 3GPP 5G new radio (NR) required base station conformance tests with PathWave Signal Generation software.
- Streamlines complex receiver test scenarios with 8-virtual-signal emulation per RF channel, up to 32 signals in one instrument.
- Simplifies test workflow with pre-defined compliance test setups, auto-configuring signal analysis and graphic user interface.