Webinar: Radio Module Integration: Canada and US
December 07, 2022
webinar on “Radio Module Integration: US and Canada”, co-hosted by NeuronicWorks Inc. and Nemko. The webinar which will take place on December 7th at 2:00 pm ET will provide an up-to-date understanding of the current US and Canadian radio module integration requirements.
The addition of radio modules within products enables products to incorporate features and functions necessary to meet the demands of a growing market increasingly reliant on wireless-enabled devices.
This webinar will provide an up-to-date understanding of the current US and Canadian radio module integration requirements, including critical information from the FCC’s recently published series of Knowledge Database Publications that covers the requirements for single and multiple radio module integrations.
Participants will learn:
- Types of Modular Approvals and applicable Requirements: Single modular, Limited single modular, split modular, and Limited split modular
- Benefits and downsides of using pre-approved radio modules
- Summary of FCC Knowledge Database Publication 996369 D04 (Modular Integration Guide) and ISED (Canada) Standards, RSS-GEN and RSP-100 (Host/Modular product requirements)
- Best practices to follow for modular transmitter integration and critical terms
- Assessment/Testing guidance for the host product – selection of frequencies, host and technology operation, emission measurements, antenna gain consideration, simultaneous transmission, RF exposure/SAR requirements, unintentional radiation
- Review of approved module transmitter FCC Grant of Authorization conditions and integration instructions vs. host device typical use
- Authorization rules – when certifications are required vs. no certifications
- Pre-approved module test data re-use to obtain New Certification
- Review of requirements and creation of Label
- User manual integration instructions and guidance
Print this page