EPTECH Shows coming to Waterloo, Ottawa this week
Keynote address at Bingemans Conference Centre asks: Are you ready for a digital transformation?
Automation / Robotics
Power Supply / Management
Production / Materials
Regulations & Standards
Test & Measurement
If you are an electronic engineer or designer looking for the latest components, test, CEM services or production materials on the market, you will want to pencil in a visit to either of the EPTECH Shows taking place in Ontario this week.
The table-top trade shows will be held at Bingemans Conference Centre in Waterloo on October 29th, and at the Brookstreet Hotel in Ottawa on October 31st. Plenty of free parking is available at both shows, which run from 10am through 4pm.
Keynote by president, CEO of Re-Map Networks
The Waterloo event will kick-off with a keynote address delivered by Irene Sterian, president & CEO, ReMAP Network, which accelerates the commercialization of innovations developed in Canada for the global market.
Sterian’s talk will focus on:
– Why manufacturing matters in the global economy
– How the future of work will change, but will not disappear
– What you can do today to accelerate your digital journey
“Hardware, software, and AI are being applied to factory automation, robots, co-robots, AR/VR. Over the next five to 10 years, 50% of the car will be redesigned, and 40% of it will be electronics; how can we leverage our knowledge of automotive in this region, and electronify the car in Canada,” says Sterian, who is also director of technology and innovation at Celestica Inc.
The keynote commences at 9am, delivered in Ballroom E along with a free continental breakfast. Your keynote speaker registration will also provide entrance to the show floor from 10am-4pm.
Industry members are welcome to attend the trade show to meet and converse in person with many, diverse table-top exhibitors, covering a very broad spectrum within the electronics industry. The exhibit displays include such products as semiconductors and ICs; passive and electromechanical components; test equipment and electronic instrumentation; connectors; design, test and technical software; technical computer systems and products; design, testing and contract manufacturing services; electronic chemicals and materials production equipment; and industrial electronics products.
Good mix of seminars awaits
A number of informative and educational seminars will be held throughout the day, presented by a selection of Eptech Show exhibitors. Seminars are free to attend. For more details on the seminar schedule, visit https://www.ept.ca/eptech-seminars
- At 11:30am in Ballroom E, Nemko Canada Inc. will address the subject of obtaining RF modular approval for your electronic device – issuing what you need to know for your end design. Nemko are specialists in pre-compliance, international approvals, product and system certifications.
- Also at 11:30am in Ballroom F, Vexos, a contract manufacturing services provider in Markham ON will present a talk titled: How to get your product manufactured and ready for your market, fast. It will be delivered by Brian Morrison, V.P global engineering, Vexos.
- At 1pm in Ballroom E, TUV SUD will provide an introduction to wireless approval requirements, as more and more products are adding wireless as either core functionally or as an additional feature. This seminar will be presented by Scott Drysdale, TUV SUD Canada’s Wireless Manager.
- At 2:30pm in Ballroom F, Enviropass Expertise Inc. will present some of the environmental compliance issues forthcoming in 2020. Product environmental compliance is constantly evolving worldwide over the years. Major changes are impacting the electronic industry and will certainly affect OEM’s products compliance management system.
- At 2:30pm in Ballroom E, Testforce Systems will deliver a presentation that aims to make it easier for the engineer to use advanced oscilloscope features. Oscilloscopes have more features today than ever before. Testforce and Tektronix will demonstrate how to get the most out of three common, yet challenging measurements.
Free admittance & parking
Keeping in-line with some of the industry’s emerging design sectors, EPTECH exhibits will also be displaying the latest in technology trends, such as wearable electronics, robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), printable electronics, 3D printing.
Registration can be done in advance via an online form – or in person at the show.
- Register to Attend: https://www.ept.ca/eptech/register-to-attend/
Register to Exhibit: https://www.ept.ca/eptech/exhibit/apply/