Innovation conference offers Alberta entrepreneurs access to global expertise
Inventures 2019 offers deep dive for startups
A business and innovation conference focused on helping startups prosper and thrive around the world, is coming to Calgary this summer.
Inventures 2019 is offering a comprehensive program for entrepreneurs and innovators, June 5-7 at the Calgary Telus Convention Centre, featuring more than 200 speakers, as well as leaders who have helped startups advance their concepts.
“Inventures is like a master class for pathblazers,” says Alberta Innovates CEO Laura Kilcrease. “We’re reaching across the globe and bringing seasoned entrepreneurs and investors together with local startups and innovators. The creative energy this generates and the doors it opens will fuel our next wave of successful ventures.”
“Alberta’s venture ecosystem has unique strengths that the world is starting to recognize, including in clean technology,” adds Jason Switzer, executive director of the Alberta Clean Technology Alliance. “Inventures is a great opportunity for Alberta innovators to connect with people who move ideas to prototypes, people who finance great ideas, and people who know how to enter new markets.”
Attendees will hear from successful entrepreneurs, leaders who commercialized new technology, angel investors, venture capital executives, and others who are breaking down barriers.
- Patrick Lor, Managing Partner at Panache Ventures, a seed-stage venture capital firm that will invest in over 100 Canadian startups over the next three years.
- Sheelpa Patel, who created and launched ‘INFINITI LAB’ for Infiniti Motor Company. The accelerator programme connected Smart Cities & IoT startups with the expertise of the Nissan/Renault/Mitsubishi Alliance.
- Scott Ford, who leads global operations for Techstars across the entire entrepreneurial journey.
- Emma Weston, CEO and a co-founder of AgriDigital, one of Australia’s leading emerging agtech and fintech companies.
- Anil Pereira, a veteran Silicon Valley executive and entrepreneur who serves as a senior advisor or board member to a number of high-growth companies including Blueshift, Partnerize, and Tynker.
- Kristina Milke, the President of Valhalla Angels, one of Canada’s most active angel investing groups, Co-Founder with Valhalla Private Capital, and managing partner with Sprout Fund, an early stage tech investment fund.
Innovators also have the opportunity to participate in an international pitch competition. Six pitch competition winners receive $10,000 in funding, free registration, and access to professional coaching. Submissions are due by March 15.