Huawei ups the ante with latest smartphone launch
EP&T MagazineElectronics Supply Chain smartphone SmartPhone
Mobile photography key to success of Chinese phone maker’s P20, P20 Pro and P20 lite products in Canada
HUAWEI Canada unveiled its highly anticipated HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P20 Pro and HUAWEI P20 lite smartphones to media in Canada last week and announced that the products will be available here on May 17th.
The HUAWEI P20 Pro features the world’s first triple-lens Leica camera. Both the P20 and P20 Pro devices include AI advances, combining technology and art.
Key features of the HUAWEI P20 Series include:
- An advanced camera system to capture more light, more details and more beauty, featuring a revolutionary Leica triple camera and 5x Hybrid Zoom on the HUAWEI P20 Pro, and the all new Leica dual camera on the HUAWEI P20;
- Innovative photography features, including Master AI with AI-driven professional photography and HUAWEI AIS (AI Image Stabilization), a powerful AI stabilization technology;
- A timeless design with barely-there bezels;
- Ultimate performance, featuring the NPU on Kirin 970 and EMUI 8.1 based on Android 8.1 for a premium and smooth user experience.
- 3400mAh and 4000mAh battery with HUAWEI SuperCharge. A quick 30-minute charge gives over a day of use.
HUAWEI is the 3rd largest smartphone manufacturer in the world, with operations in over 170 countries. In addition to smartphones, HUAWEI’s Consumer offerings includes PCs, tablets, wearables and other services. HUAWEI has been operating in Canada since 2008, and currently employs over 800 people. HUAWEI’s Canada Research Centre employs over 500 engineers and researchers, and is ranked 25th in Canada for R&D investment.