Canada firms recognized for energy efficiency
Stephen LawElectronics Engineering energy efficiency
The Ministry of Natural Resources announced the 2017 winners of the ENERGY STAR Canada awards, representing participants from the ENERGY STAR Canada program from across the country. They represent utilities, manufacturers, retailers, associations and homebuilders that are helping Canadian consumers and businesses save money while also addressing climate change.
This year’s winners are:
- Advocate of the Year: Canadian Coalition for Green Health Care
- Manufacturer of the Year – Appliances: Samsung Electronics Canada
- Manufacturer of the Year – Commercial: QBD Cooling Systems Inc.
- Manufacturer of the Year – Electronics: Samsung Electronics Canada
- Manufacturer of the Year – Fenestration: JELD-WEN of Canada
- Manufacturer of the Year – HVAC: Rheem Canada Ltd./Ltee.
- Manufacturer of the Year – Lighting: Conglom Inc.
- Partner of the Year – New Homes: Union Gas Limited
- “Most Efficient” Promoter of the Year: Saint John Energy
- Promotional Campaign of the Year: Manitoba Hydro
- New Recruit of the Year: Philips Lighting Canada
- Retailer of the Year – National: Home Depot of Canada Inc.
- Sustained Excellence – New Homes: City Green Solutions
- Sustained Excellence – Products: Sears Canada Inc.
- Utility of the Year – Provincial: Manitoba Hydro
- Utility of the Year – Regional: Hydro One
Improving energy efficiency is one of the least costly and most effective ways to address the global climate change challenge. It brings with it a tangible opportunity to support clean growth while enhancing innovation and productivity and creating jobs, according to Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Jim Carr.
ENERGY STAR Canada is a 16-year-long energy efficiency success story. The program is a voluntary partnership between the Government of Canada and more than 1,500 organizations working to use our natural resources more wisely through greater energy efficiency. Behind each ENERGY STAR label is a product or home that is independently certified to use less energy and cause fewer of the emissions that contribute to climate change. ENERGY STAR is Canada’s simple choice to save energy and money and protect our environment.
“We need to make more conscious choices when it comes to our energy consumption. The ENERGY STAR Canada program and its participants have been very successful in helping Canadians do just that,” says Carr. “We are proud to honour this year’s award winners. Their commitment to helping consumers make informed choices about their energy use contributes to our nation’s energy efficiency goals.”
Print this page