SMTA conference to serve something for everyone
Stephen LawElectronics Production / Materials Engineering Supply Chain conference Soldering
International Conference on Soldering and Reliability in Markham on June 6-8, 201
The SMTA will host its International Conference on Soldering and Reliability (ICSR) this week in Markham ON, a highly technical three-day event where soldering and reliability professionals come together to share their knowledge and vision for addressing challenges related to the assembly and reliability of electronics products.
The event caters to those working in the electronics manufacturing and production industries, covering such subjects as solder R&D and applications; solder joint reliability, technology trends, contamination and cleanliness testing, failure modes and mitigation and defect detection.
A number of workshops will be held throughout the conference, including the following:
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
* WS1: Shining a Light on LED Technology: Construction, Reliability, Qualification, Failure Modes Process Material
* WS2: The Incredible Shrinking World Of Electronics – Are Traditional DFM, DFR, DFF, … Methods Obsolete?
* WS3: Understanding Shock & Vibration
* WS4: DFX- Design for Cleaning and Reliability Excellence
Moderators: Brook Sandy Smith, Indium Corporation and Matt Kelly, P.Eng, MBA, IBM Corporation
A panel of experts will also assemble to discuss the latest and greatest research and strategies, as well as answer questions from the attendees regarding challenges posed by assembling these components.
* Solder Joint Reliability: Dave Hillman, Rockwell Collins
* Board and Package Design: Matt Kelly, P.Eng, MBA, IBM Corporation
* Ionic Cleanliness Design: Mike Bixenman, DBA, KYZEN Corporation
* Test Design: Dave Vicari, Universal Advance Process Labs
* X-ray Analysis: Keith Bryant, YXLON International
Bauer and Bath to Keynote the Conference
On the afternoon of Wednesday, June 7, Dr. Charles Bauer, Techlead Corporation, will deliver his keynote presentation titled “Nanotechnology in Electronics Packaging, Interconnect, and Assembly: Hype or Reality?”
Jasbir Bath, Koki Solder, will speak on “The Importance of Design to Improve Manufacturing Process Yield and Reliability” on Thursday morning during his keynote presentation right before lunch.
For more information, visit https://www.smta.org/icsr