What’s new and noteworthy at CES 2017
CES 2017 promises largest, most diverse event experience in the show’s 50 year history
To celebrate 50 years, CES 2017 is poised to be bigger, bolder and more varied than ever before. With a record-breaking footprint of more than 2.6-million net square-feet of exhibits, CES 2017 will feature new marketplaces, more than 850 first-time exhibitors, seven keynote addresses, expanded conference programming, additional SuperSessions and enhanced show floor services. With three main venue locations in Tech East, Tech West and Tech South and more than 24 product categories showcasing the hottest tech trends, expect to experience a whole lot of ‘whoa-ments’ at CES 2017.
New or Expanded Exhibits and Marketplaces
* Brand New Sleep Tech Marketplace, presented by National Sleep Foundation and featuring 10 exhibitors across 1,600 NSF. (Sands, Level 2, Hall A-D)
* Brand New Smart Energy Marketplace, presented by Solar Power International. (LVCC, Central Plaza)
* Baby Tech and Beauty Tech Marketplaces, presented by Living in Digital Times (LIDT), expands to four days. (Venetian, Level 2, Venetian Ballroom G-H)
* Record-breaking Eureka Park™ Marketplace – more than 600 startups, up from 500 at CES 2016, spanning more than 63,000 NSF, with exhibitors from more than 34 countries and partners including partners including TechCrunch, Indiegogo, Samsung NEXT, Arlington Economic Development and National Science Foundation. (Sands, Level 1, Hall G)
* Digital Money Forum, presented by Mastercard is extended from a half to full day event, and CyberSecurity Forum, presented by CyberVista and Digital Health Summit, presented by LIDT, return to CES 2017.
* Expanded 3-day series of Sports Business Innovation, presented by Turner Sports.
* Expanded Self-Driving Technology marketplace in Gold Plaza, with nine featured exhibitors including Autoliv, Clarion, Delphi, IAV, Navya, NVIDIA, NXP, Renesas and Valeo.
* Combined eCommerce & Enterprise Solutions marketplaces, expanding from 14 companies spanning 4,600 NSF in 2016 to 33 exhibitors spanning 6,000 NSF at CES 2017. Featured exhibitors to include Mastercard, Capital One Spark Business, Walmart Ecommerce and Amazon Media Group. (LVCC, South Hall 1)
* More than 850 New Exhibitors including: Baidu Intelligent Systems, Bing (C Space), Carnival Corp., Comcast Platform Service (C Space), eBay (C Space), Formula E, Furrion, History Channel, Magneti Marelli, Nissan, Suning, Swagtron, Time (C Space), Twitter (C Space), Xiaomi.
Brand New Show Services
* CES 2017 Pandora station – “WHOA” 50 Years of CES will capture the energy and excitement of the past 50 years with music from artists like Sia, Styx and Drake.
* C Space Storyteller Sessions – Beginning January 9, Spotify will feature 30 minute sessions. From mobile to VR to video and digital content, influencers and newsmakers share stories, best practices and case studies about the unique relationships between brands, entertainment and technology.
* New CES app with directional navigation and networking opportunities.
* Get instant conference information with the new CES Twitter Guide, powered by conversational intelligence platform Conversable. Direct Message with @CES to see top hashtags, company booth and event locations, speaker schedules and answers to FAQs.
* Mamava Mother’s Suites – Purchased by CES, these suites are now available for the privacy and convenience of breastfeeding mothers at CES and are the first of their kind in Nevada. (LVCC, South 1 Lobby and Venetian, Level 1, alcove outside of Casanova meeting rooms)
* CES will be conducting Facebook Live and Periscope interviews, streams from the show floor, keynotes and more during the show. Tune in at Facebook.com/CES and Twitter.com/CES.
Exciting Events, Unconventional Keynotes and New Conference Programming
* Formula E VISA Vegas eRace – Saturday, January 7, 1:30-5:30 PM. (Sands, Level 2, Hall D, Booth #45045)
* Seven inspiring keynotes addresses, with five first-time keynoting companies, including Carnival, Under Armour and Nissan.
* Opportunities for the Global Innovation Economy, presented by CTA – featuring Alan Murray, Chief Content Officer, Time Inc., Mark Fields, President and CEO, Ford Motor Co., Brian Krzanich, CEO, Intel Corp. and Mike McNamara, CEO, Flex. (Friday, January 6, 1-2 PM, LVCC, North Hall, N257)
* The Power of Hidden Figures, presented by IBM – featuring Soledad O’Brien, Rashid Ferrod Davis, Leah Gilliam, Lindsay-Rae McIntyre, Octavia Spencer and Kristen Summers. (11:30 AM – 12:30 PM, January 6, LVCC, North Hall, N257)
* Partner events including the Smart Cities Hackathon presented by Amazon Alexa, Go Behind the Scenes with Microsoft Surface lunch and learn, C Space Party presented by JEWEL Nightclub, Signature Luncheon presented by Women in Cable Telecommunications, and Mobile Munchies: “Late Night Eats” with Watson + Weather.
* Four new Conference Tracks covering printed electronics, IoT, data privacy & smart systems.
* CTA Analysts: Looking at CES 2017 and Tech Trends Lunch Roundtable (Friday, January 6 from 12:45-1:15 PM, LVCC S229). Open to media only.
* CES 50th Anniversary Celebrations – Join us at Tech East and Tech West for celebrations recognizing 50 years of show floor excitement at CES.
CES 2017 will run January 5-8, 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit CES.tech for more information and to register.