Mouser launches timing technology site
Stephen LawElectronics Supply Chain timing
Mouser Electronics Inc. launched its new Timing Technology site, designed to give engineers easy-to-access information on the latest technical advances in timers, counters, and clocks.
As part of Mouser’s growing selection of Applications & Technologies sites, the Timing Technology site provides a wealth of resource material — including articles and videos on timing and clock system design — as well as the newest frequency synthesizers, multiplexers, clock generators and related components available at Mouser.
New Timing Technology site
The new Timing Technology site, available on Mouser.com, contains helpful information for engineers who are interested in expanding their knowledge about timing technologies. The Technology section is segmented into five categories:
* Overview provides a general explanation of timing technology and its applications.
* Oscillators looks at the construction and purpose of oscillators and provides links to different types of clock, programmable, and crystal oscillators.
* Clock Generators dives deeper into timing solutions that can reduce cost (including lower system component costs), enable smaller PCBs, and lower design-labor costs with a faster time-to-market.
* Application Specific details environments where engineers might incorporate a specialized timing solution instead of a general-purpose clock.
* Clock System Design discusses additional requirements and considerations when developing a system with multiple reference frequencies, including reducing skew and jitter.
Articles section provides information
The Articles section provides information on MEMS oscillators; a look at oscillators, clocks, buffers, and redrivers; and an introduction to building clock trees. All articles offer an area to post comments and questions to facilitate further discussions on the topic.
Finally, the Technical Resources section lists videos, application notes, and white papers that discuss device selection and system considerations when designing clock and timing systems. Subjects discussed include clock design, crystal oscillators, and the JESD204B serial interface.
With its broad product line and unsurpassed customer service, Mouser caters to design engineers and buyers by delivering What’s Next in advanced technologies. Mouser offers customers 22 global support locations and stocks the world’s widest selection of the latest semiconductors and electronic components for the newest design projects. Mouser Electronics’ website is updated daily and searches more than 10 million products to locate over 4 million orderable part numbers available for easy online purchase. Mouser.com also houses an industry-first interactive catalog, data sheets, supplier-specific reference designs, application notes, technical design information, and engineering tools.
Print this page