element14 exclusively distributes TASKING toolset for ARM
Stephen LawEngineering Software Engineering
element14 announces the availability of a new TASKING development toolset from Altium which allows engineers to build sophisticated systems adding and configuring services like TCP/IP, web servers with minimal effort. The toolset supports a wide range of ARM microprocessors from various semiconductor manufacturers.
This launch comes shortly after element14 expanded its proposition to include software tools and the industry’s first instant e-delivery capability for customer software purchases. Combining world-class software products with the company’s full range of semiconductor components and other electronics hardware, element14 has become the destination for engineering software.
Engineers will be able to purchase software suites and packages such as TASKING immediately via all element14’s channels – including online, call centers and field sales – for immediate download.
The TASKING VX-toolset for ARM provides developers with sophisticated technology found only in the Viper compiler framework. Developers can take full advantage of the industry-leading ARM architecture with the most efficient C/C++ compiler and comprehensive debugging tools on the market today.
The Viper technology running under the hood of this development toolset allows the C compiler to generate code with the highest execution speed and level of reliability needed for tomorrow’s automotive, industrial and telematics applications. The C compiler for ARM also features full support for industry-standard code qualifications including MISRA C and CERT C code checking, ensuring that your code will perform at the highest level of reliability.
Key features include:
* Integrated Development Environment based on Eclipse enables extensibility through third-party plug-ins
* TASKING’s award winning Software Platform and Pin Mapper for STM32, which includes a wide range of free-to-use middleware components, like an RTOS, support for CAN, USB, TCP/IP, web servers and much more
* Available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
* Fully integrated TASKING multi-core ready debugger with debug probe support for J-Link family by SEGGER, ST-LINK from STMicroelectronics, miniWiggler from Infineon and CMSIS-DAP
* Efficient C, C++ and EC++ compilers that conform to industry standard guidelines including ISO, CMSIS and ARM ABI
* Fully compatible with TASKING VX-toolsets for C166, TriCore, RH850 and Power Architecture
* Integrated static code analysis functionality for MISRA-C:1998, 2004, 2012 and CERT C standards
* Standard C, C++ and ANSI/IEEE-754 floating-point libraries
* Global type checking by compiler and linker for verification of types
* Powerful assembler and linker/locator using versatile linker-script language that provides enhanced memory layout editing, data/code overlaying facilities, data/code section allocation and automatic/user specific target memory allocation
* Built-in extensions for improved application code efficiency and stability including run-time error checking, code profiling through code instrumentation and syntax/semantic checks
* Easy-to-use wizards allows you to quickly configure your next project
“Offering an ever increasing portfolio of engineering software for immediate electronic delivery demonstrates a major leap forward for element14’s customer experience. Engineers no longer have to wait days for their software to arrive at their desk.” said Robin Colman, Global Head of Software Business Units, element14. “Being the first channel partner to offer the Altium TASKING product line via eDelivery extends our portfolio of products available for eDelivery, securing our position as the destination for engineering software.