The Linley Group says the Communications Semiconductor Market Forecast is more than on track 2010
According to the Linley Group's most recent report "Communications Semiconductor Market Forecast 2009-2014," the wired communications semiconductor market is on track for spending in the first half of 2010 with a 20% growth.
“As data centers continue their transition to new networking technologies, such as 10 Gigabit and faster Ethernet, we anticipate a strong recovery this year and potential for modest growth in 2011 and thereafter,” said Joseph Byrne, senior analyst at The Linley Group.
Highlights from the report include:
– Ethernet ICs will be the fastest growing category in 2010 (revenue expected to rise b nearly 40% this year)
– Multicore processor sales are expected to accelerate and grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 28% from 2009-2014
– Network processors remain one of the fastest growing at a CAGR of 11%
– Technologies like IPTV and 4G cellular could accelerate in coming years through PON, home networking, FPGA’s and embedded processor areas
– Deployment of massive data centers may accelerate adoption of 40 GB and 100 GB Ethernet
The Linley Group developed its forecast “using analysis of public financials of OEMs and chip suppliers, as well as enterprise and carrier spending trends.” The report provides in-depth information and forecasts on all topics listed above.
THE LINLEY GROUP
<hr size="2" style=" MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; MARGIN-RIGHT: auto” />
Recommended for you: