A half-day workshop designed to provide clarity in the areas of EMC, safety and environmental compliance issues will be held at the Crowne Plaza Gatineau-Ottawa on November 25th. Held between 1-5pm, the free workshop aims to apprise industry members of national and international market requirements in each of these areas.
In addition, each company attending the workshop will receive a free EMC pre-scan, valid for one year. The following firms will be providing presentations specific to the sector they serve.
Garry Lee, P.Eng. , of Global EMC Inc. will cover EMC & safety requirements.
- Early design planning: EMC Pre-Scans and Safety Construction Reviews can save time and money on final designs.
- Increasing international market monitoring (FCC, IC, CE, Asia) demands EMC compliance.
- International Compliance – UL, CSA, TUV, CE marking.
- Wireless products must meet FDA/ FCC/ Industry Canada RF requirements.
- Medical Devices must meet stringent demands for acceptance in medical environments IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2 4th editions.
- Laser/LED, Lithium Battery requirements.
Walter Jager, principal consultant at ECD Technology Ltd., will provide an overview of environmental compliance issues.
-RoHS technical documentation.
-New substances being added to RoHS.
-Other global substance regulations.
-Setting up substances compliance system.
-Carbon foot printing.
-IEC environmental standards.
Hassan Nojoumi, president and CEO of Shimifrez Inc. will deliver an introduction to photo-etching.
-Introduction to electroforming and metallic MEMS parts.
There is no cost and no mandatory registration to attend.
For further information and/or to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.