Solid state relays have been growing in importance for the power distribution systems in the transportation industry due to a number of advantages:
– they continue to operate while subjected to severe vibration and shock
– no moving parts means no wear and increased lifetime
– no arcing due to solid state elements with no contacts
– silent operation with decreased electrical noise when switching
– faster than electromechanical relays with switching time in the microseconds to milliseconds
The E-1048-8 meets EC/MC requirements and carries the E1 marks on the product. To meet the needs of rugged applications, the E-1048 is designed to operate at extreme ambient temperatures of -40ÂºC to +85ÂºC (-40ÂºF to 185ÂºF) without the need for derating. Additionally, it requires only a fraction of the control power needed by electromechanical relays (approximately 5 mA) and has extremely low current consumption (less than 1mA). Both fractional control power and low current consumption make the E-1048-8D ideally suited for battery-buffered on-board electrical systems.
The E-1048-8 Dice, containing integral power electronics, is best utilized in shock and vibration applications within the transportation industry because of its wear resistant switching function. It is also suitable in applications where contact deterioration can occur due to frequent switching of inductive loads in road, rail and marine vehicles. It is also suitable for industrial use (process control, machine-building) as an electronic coupling relay between PLC and DC 12V or DC 24V load.
For more CE Switches, click here